When looking to buy a new place to call home, there are a number of considerations to make ranging from the neighborhood, how well the house matches your needs and more. However, when settling for a property that matches your dream home, you begin to look deeper into the home and what is in it. This includes the plumbing work which may require that you hire the services of Oakland County certified residential plumbing contractors.
The plumbing work is one of the most important areas to pay attention to in the house when making your final decision as to whether or not you will be paying the huge sum. Before signing the contract and making the final exchange, there is the need to know what and where to look in order to spot possible plumbing problems.
Below is a guide which is expected to help you spot problems which will be essential in your final decision-making process.
Taking into consideration that the home buying process is a stressful one, a more stressful scenario will be when you move into a home with plumbing problems. Putting plumbing problems in perspective, it is important to note that an average of 400 gallons of water is used daily by a family of 4. After computing this, you agree that it is essential to pay attention to the plumbing works. Below is a list of what to check to ensure that the indoor area is properly served.
- Run all the faucets (sinks, showers, and tubs).
The first thing to do is to check the hot and cold water in each faucet, sinks, and bathtubs to ensure that they all work well. In addition to this, be sure that the water runs at a significant pressure which you deem satisfying. Low water pressure points to bigger problems. Also, turn off the faucet and observe for possible leakages or dripping. As a final check, be sure that all drains are working perfectly.
2. Flush all the toilets in the house to be sure they work properly. In addition to this, try to wiggle the toilets and sinks to see if they are firmly fitted.
3. Be sure to check the flooring around the toilet bowl and the sinks for possible cracks. Other areas to pay attention to are the dishwasher and refrigerator and make sure there is no stains or warps as this may indicate bigger problems.
4. For persons checking out a multi-story house, properly check the ceiling underneath bathrooms or laundry rooms. If wet spots are noticed, this is an indication of plumbing problems.
5. Be sure the water heater is free of corrosion and rust as this may affect the quality of water that is being delivered and also cost you additional fees in repairs and replacement.
6. Be sure to carefully check the entire house for mold spots and mildew spots. Pay proper attention to high traffic areas such as the kitchen and bathroom.
7. Locate the emergency shut-off valve and test it to make sure it’s working properly.
To ensure that you take all factors into consideration before passing the home in terms of its plumbing assessment, it is important to hire the services of professional plumbing contractors who know what and where to look in the home. Visit https://plumbingservicesmi.com for more details.